Archive for September, 2010
I installed CouchDB 1.0.1 with MacPorts 1.9.1 and quickly ran into problems:
- The ‘attachments’ test hung in Chrome 6.0.472.55. I ran the same test in Firefox 3.6.9 and it worked.
- The ‘reader_acl’ failed with an exception.
- I couldn’t create an admin.
The couchdb.log certainly had errors but I couldn’t find a solution online. I tried uninstalling the port and reinstalling with no luck. Eventually I gave up and downloaded CouchDBX. Creating an admin worked but it also had problems running the Test Suite (I had to Force Quit).
Then I tried Homebrew. After installation I ran the Test Suite with 100% success and was able to create an admin! Awesome, now I’ll just add org.apache.couchdb to launchctrl…hmm it’s not under /Library/LaunchDaemons or /opt/local/Library/LaunchDaemons. After a little digging I eventually found it under /usr/local/Cellar/couchdb/1.0.1/Library/LaunchDaemons/. Only a few steps remain:
- Copy org.apache.couchdb.plist into /Library/LaunchDaemons
- Change the value under the UserName key to your user short name (hint: look under /Users)
- sudo launchctl start org.apache.couchdb or you can test it for sure by restarting (shortcut key: Control-Command-Eject)
Everything now appears to be in working order.